Known good wireless Linux Keyboard & Mouse combos?

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at myfairpoint.net
Thu Nov 12 11:00:37 EST 2020

My old Logitech K270 keyboard and Performance MX mouse are long in the
tooth and need replacing.  The paint is worn off several keys and
sometimes keys either stick or the KB doesn't seem to transmit a
keystroke.  The MX mouse charging circuit seems to have failed.  If I
put in a charged NiMH battery it balks.  Red blinking light.  Which
seems to mean the battery needs replacing, or needs a charge.  Found a
hack on instructables, but seriously, it's time for a new one.  This one
is worn.  Yes, I can clean out the KB as well, and have done this
multiple times, but, it really is time to replace these guys.

Logitech seems to have abandoned their unifying receiver, especially at
the lower end, which is a shame.  Their stuff worked for me and for a
relatively long time.

What wireless KB & mouse combos have you found that work seamlessly with
linux?  I don't need any thing super fancy, just something with no palm
rests, and not a micro sized mouse.  The little mice are uncomfortable
to use.  The K270 style layout is perfectly adequate.  Price range is
$50 and under.

The MK850 claims multi-os friendly, but has the palm rests built in.  My
desk has a palm rest built in, so the 850 won't work.

Is there any way to actually filter what you see on Amazon?  I swear,
their search engine is deliberately terrible.  All sorts of irrelevant
stuff.  20 pages for "linux wireless keyboard and mouse"  First hit is
wired... Come on...