dd cloning a Win10 HDD to SSD

Bruce Labitt bdlabitt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 21:14:26 EDT 2021

Have this excruciatingly slow Win10 HDD I'd like to clone to SSD.  Reading
about how to do this leads me to dd as a way to clone the disk.  The disks
are close in size.  According to lsblk, the HDD sdb is 931.5GB, and the SSD
sdf is 931.5GB.

sdb has 5 partitions on it.
1) EFI                              500MiB
2) MS reserved partition  128MiB
3) OS "basic data" partition 918.07GiB
4) WINRETOOLS             852MiB
5) Image                           11.56GiB

sdf has stuff on it, which I presume will be wiped out by dd.

Since the sizes are "equal", can I just # dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdf bs=1M
status=progress and be done with it?  Is there anything else that I'd need
to do to get it to boot?