CentraLUG Meeting, December 5, James Fogg, Linux-Windows Interoperability

Ted Roche tedroche at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 09:04:01 EST 2005

The monthly meeting of CentraLUG, the Concord/Central New Hampshire
chapter of the Greater New Hampshire Linux Users Group, occurs on the
first Monday of each month on the New Hampshire Institute Campus
starting at 7 PM. This month, we'll be meeting in Room 146 of the
Library/Learning Center/Bookstore, http://www.nhti.net/nhtimap.pdf ,
marked as "I" on that map. Directions and maps are available on the
NHTI site at http://www.nhti.edu. Open to the public. Free admission.
Tell your friends.

This month's meeting will feature James Fogg discussing Windows-Linux
interoperability. James Fogg is a principal with JDFogg Technology
Consulting, http://www.jdfogg.com, where he is a network engineer
specializing in delivering IT, Telecommunications and Computer
Services, Systems, Sales and Consulting to the Fortune 500.

Many companies now operate mixed environments and managers expect
their technical staff to be able to "make it work." James will
provide some ideas on how to do it. He'll be covering
interoperability methods between Microsoft Windows products and Linux/
Unix systems. File Sharing, Application Sharing, network Services
(DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), Mail and Printing. Also included will be the
basics of Linux, Unix and Active Directory authentication,
authorization and auditing.

More details at about this meeting and the group are available at
http://www.centralug.org and http://www.gnhlug.org.

Hope to see you there!

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC