Gnome root window...

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Fri Aug 9 14:34:09 EDT 2002

Ken Ambrose <kena at well.com> writes:

> Hey, folks: I wanna change my "wallpaper" from inside a script.  Back in
> the olde days, I'd just fire up xv, and use the -root parameter.  However,
> now with Gnome, I apparently also need Gnome to know that the root window
> has changed.

I'm not sure how to do it in a gnome-aware manner, but you could always
configure gnome to have no background image, and then you can use xv -root.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   Some people say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
   I often respond, "When elephants fight, it's the grass
   that gets trampled."