Cable modems

Tom Riddle ftr at almeric.com
Fri Aug 23 08:15:07 EDT 2002

I find myself in the market for a cable modem as my LanCity modem from
circa 1998 has died (IFAICT).  I was wondering what are the latest
features I should look for and what brands/models other people are using
successfully, or more importantly unsucessfully to connect to attbi.

Right now I have a SMC Barricade firewall behind the cable modem.  It
looks like they now have a device that is cable modem + firewall all in
one - does anyone have experience with this or a similar product ?  I
would also be interested in going wireless.

I know this topic was discussed in the not too distant past, but I could
not find it in the archives - none of the ones I found go back that far.
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,
Tom

--

Tom Riddle