Photo printers?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Dec 11 20:29:42 EST 2002

pll at lanminds.com said:

>Okay, I seem to have narrowed my search for a printer down to 2:
>
>	hp photosmart 7150
>	EPSON Stylus Photo 1280 - C393011

I have an Epson Stylus 740 that I use infrequently.  *every* time I
turn it on it takes 5 minutes to warm up then 15-30 minutes running
through the unclogging process.  Then I can print.  Getting a new print
cartridge doesn't seem to help.

If I recall the early HPs, the ink cartridges included a new printhead.
If they still do that, I think the HP has an advantage.  My epson will
always have the same print head.

I ended up getting a laser printer.  No waiting.  99% of my printing
doesn't involve color.

--
-------
Tom Buskey