[gnhlug-announce] SLUG meeting 7pm 10/14 in Morse 301

Robert Anderson rea at q.sr.unh.edu
Sun Oct 13 12:16:34 EDT 2002

The next SLUG meeting is Monday 10/14/2002 at 7pm in Morse Hall room 301.

The Topic is: Basic Operation of Unix

We'll be starting on to present a Unix Course that will run for a few
months.  This months part of the course will cover: Processes & Files.
We will cover the significant roles that the process and file play in
a Unix system, as well as how they can be created, manipulated and
destroyed.

During the entire course no existing Unix knowledge will be assumed,
but attempts will be made to reference how other operating systems
perform the same functions.

For directions and more information on SLUG or GNHLUG check out the webpage:

    http://slug.gnhlug.org/

 Robert E. Anderson  		 	email: rea at sr.unh.edu
 Systems Programmer			phone: (603) 862-3489
 UNH Research Computing Center		  fax: (603) 862-1761