CUPS help?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Feb 19 15:57:35 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm playing with cups.  So far I've been able to get printing to
actually work, however, now I'm trying to get things like duplex
working and having a tough time.

I can get 2/4 up per side working okay, but I can't, for the life of
me get duplex working.  The cups error log simply states:

	Print file was not accepted (client-error-bad-request)!

I'm trying to use:

	lp -o page-ranges=1-2 -o portrait -o sides=two-sided cups.ps

I can get the page-ranges working just fine, just not the two-sided.
I've tried:
		sides=two-sided
		sides=two-sided-long-edge
		sides=two-sided-short-edge

and none of them seem to work.  The printer definitely supports
duplex printing, since I can:

   a2ps -BRj --sides=2 --columns=2 --rows=2 --major=columns -o cups-4.ps cups.ps

Then send that to printer via the smbclient print command (the way I
have been printing up until now) and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,