'make bzSomethingOtherThanOnAFloppy [was Re: Linux booting problems ]

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Feb 27 16:45:41 EST 2003

In a message dated: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:33:01 EST
"Bayard R. Coolidge" said:

>At  the risk of sounding like a smart aleck, I would very strongly
>suggest that anyone building a test kernel like this on an i386-based
>system, do so by doing a 'make bzdisk' and have it expectorate the
>kernel under test onto a floppy.

Here's a stupid question.  Dell recently announced that they're
getting rid of floppy drives in their systems.  I expect most other
manufacturers to eventually follow suit.  So, when this happens, and
we're all living in a floppy-less world, how do then do things like
'make bzdisk' ?
--

Seeya,
Paul