Hard drive needs low-level format?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Jan 20 13:51:07 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:19, Hewitt Tech wrote:
> That's why I mirrored the disk and replaced it but I have a very uneasy
> feeling about the durability of the drive. I'm quite unimpressed with having
> to do this with an ostensibly new technology ATA drive.

I wouldn't worry to much, just re-format it and all should be well.
Somebody just did it wrong along the way. At least it's not something
that you have to send back and wait WEEKS for it to come back.

Shit happens.. Hell, I needed the rear diff in my jeep rebuilt after 10k
miles. That's what warranties are for.