Email hosting (was: ATTBI/Comcast rant)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Jan 22 19:00:47 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, at 5:18pm, hewitt_tech at attbi.com wrote:
> I'm not willing to pay increasingly large monthly fees for progressively
> poor service.

  It continues to amaze me how short people's memories are.  It was not long
ago at all that an Internet feed of the speed you get from a cable ISP would
cost you thousands of dollars per month.  Not that I am in any way defending
the AT&T/Comcast monopoly; I just don't understand how anyone can see a
3000% price reduction in the space of five years and wonder why service
suffers.  Did "cheap, reliable, fast Internet access" get added to "life,
liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" when I wasn't looking?  :-)

  I'm still stuck on a rather undependable 28 kilobit dialup.  Nothing
better is available where I live.  I would *love* the chance to complain
about how bad my Verizon or Comcast Internet service is.  And I know I'm not
alone on this list in that.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>