Welcome to Comcast High-Speed Internet!

Michael O'Donnell mod+gnhlug at std.com
Tue Jun 24 11:16:57 EDT 2003

> One thing that Comcast has said - and I'm not sure why, is that if
> you don't use their transition program, your old email address won't
> be forwarded to your new email address.  I have no idea why though.
> I would expect that to just work.  Perhaps they won't setup the
> forwarding unless you use their program?

Nope - your expectation is correct.

The problem, as has been mentioned here already several
times, is that Comcast has sent one or more messages
targetted specifically at their customers who run Microsoft
boxes, and they dumbed it down so much that it has been
causing confusion ever since.

Here's the deal: email sent to your old email address *will*
(in most cases) be forwarded to your new email address, for
a while.  The wizard has *nothing* to do with the forwarding
of email between your old and new email addresses - it only
tweaks local settings.

But rather than repeat what's already been said here and
elsewhere, I refer interested parties to the GNHLUG list
archives and to the attbi-specific newsgroups available
to all ATTBI customers.