Routing question

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri May 9 13:34:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, at 1:17pm, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> Technically, I don't *WANT* 2 default routes.

  Then why do you have two "GATEWAY=" statements?

> howerver, I should be able to get to both interfaces, shouldn't I?

  That's a vague statement.  In general, the answer is yes, but it depends
on the routing plan (or lack thereof) at your location.  In particular, the
routers (gateways) *must* know of the multi-homed system for everything to
work in all cases.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>