Matrix Reloaded

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Thu May 15 16:20:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:07:19PM -0400, pll at lanminds.com wrote:

>   mark> I would have to mark that as the first popular culture (i.e.
>   mark> non-news, non-financial) reference to Linux.
>
> Huh?  How do you figure?  Linux has popped up in several non-news,
> non-financial locations long before TMR.  Let's see, off the top of
> my head, I know it's been seen in the show Alias several times over
> the past two year, as well as the show 24 over the same time frame.

Was Linux mentioned by name, or did you see it on the screen?

I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm just curious.  I guess I should
also admit I don't watch much of what's on broadcast TV aside
from the Simpsons, Futurama (when Fox decides to show it) and
..uhm..Enterprise.  That's about it.

> Hmmm, this seems like a worthy web-page project.  A page similar to
> IMDB which tracks the use of Linux in Pop-Culture.

linuxinpopculture.com?

-Mark