IMAP debate [was Re: Blackberry-like device, MacOS X, and/or IMAP? ]

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 18 10:52:52 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:21:22 EDT
Tom Buskey said:

>I'm using UW-Imap for imap (mbox/mbx is ok for small groups).
>I'n not having any issues. How many is a large number of folders or messages?

Based on the stupidity of the UW IMAP design, I'd never use it for
more than a couple people in a non-critical environment.  It
completely falls over with large numbers of users who have large
folders with many messages with many large attachements.
--

Seeya,
Paul