Samba Problems

c.e.smith cesmith at metrocast.net
Tue Aug 3 07:22:01 EDT 2004

three installs of redhat 6.0 and two of 5.1 later and NO samba now  testpram
has suddenly become an unknown command  the reason for using the older
versions was that I have them on disk thus eliminating the search for an
iso( yes i do know they are easily found) and most importentaly to keep
wasted ( used) disk space to a minimun, so I was hopping to NOT have to load
a newer (Bloted) system with all the X support etc.

 it seems that the lastest version from Samba.org requires C libs  and a
newer compiler that don't exist in 5.1 and 6.0
    So anyone know of a reduced (LITE) version that will run newer samba or
am I going to have to put Fedora on a diet after I get it up and running (
boy that will probiblyu cause some problems)

So much for a quick evening project all my files are still scattered over
three machines and I have this beautiful 120 gig hard drive just sitting
there wondering what it is going to do

thanks

chris

cesmith at metrocast.net