Free WiFI at Panera Bread on Amherst St, Nashua

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Thu Aug 26 12:08:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 06:36, Travis Roy wrote:
> All it takes is one moron sitting outside in his car that ends up
> getting some coffee shop sued because they're liable due to their
> totally open and advertised hotspot to start people closing them all down.

Your point is well taken, but they may be protected by the same "common
carrier" laws that covers ISPs. Don't know for sure, I'm not a lawyer,
nor do I play one on TV. :-) But it may be that if they list their WiFi
service as an ISP service, then their asses will be covered.

I really don't have that much of a problem signing on once. But it was
the frequent timeouts -- and frequent going back to the web page to sign
up again -- that made me focus on that bugaboo.

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
There are inflows and outflows -- and you're just a little node.