Wireless *switch*?

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Tue Dec 7 10:15:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 10:07, Travis Roy wrote:
> a Wireless access point is really not much more then a bridge. Most do
> come with NAT stuff but you can switch that off. Both my Apple Airport
> (old one), the Linksys at work, and the D-Link in our other work
> location have this option.
>
> Just make sure it's JUST an access point and not a wireless "router".

Going this route, the access point just establishes the connection, and
then the wireless device (a laptop for instance) can issue a DHCP
request like normal?

--
"The memory management on the power pc chip is something that should be
shown to small children when they've been especially bad." -Linus Torvalds

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc
colet at code-energy.com