Subversion (oh, and PHP5)

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Thu Dec 16 14:22:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 13:05, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > Is anyone using PHP5 in any serious mission-critical applications? I'm
> > very interested in switching to it -- but only if it is as stable as
> > PHP4. I don't want my client telling me he missed out on $20K in sales
> > because the server crashed.
>
> I've seen reports of really odd, trivial things still causing crashing
> in PHP5 up until about 2 months ago. I wouldn't trust it in production
> yet, based on what I've seen from it.
>
> However, I know some pretty big sites that use it without problems as
> well, I'm just wary of it still at this point.

Thanks. I can wait. I'll give it half a year and check it out again. It
would be nice to use PHP5's new features, such as exception handling
which I sorely miss, but not worth the risks of destabilizing the
servers.

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing