Subversion (oh, and PHP5)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Dec 27 14:25:02 EST 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> I didn't really have the desire
> to create a user on my own machine. (Generating a new entry in an
> htpass
> file seems to allow a lot less access than an SSH account by default.)

Very tangentially, I've had some good luck with rssh lately.   It lets
you setup a Restricted SSH environment, basically a chroot jail for ssh
users.

I had a friend who wanted a website for his kids' nursery school which
I wanted to host gratis for him but didn't necessarily want to expose
him (read: his windows software) to my server.  rssh fit the bill and
works as advertised.

   http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/index.shtml

I set him up with the putty sftp client, and off he went.

Apache can see into his jail but he can't see out of it.

-Bill
-----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle