looking for SCSI cable ..

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at neilschelly.com
Wed Dec 29 14:42:01 EST 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 12:00 pm, gnhlug-discuss-request at mail.gnhlug.org
wrote:
> bill at bfccomputing.com wrote:
> > Before I trudge out to the shed to visit The Box of Banished Cables,
> > is this the guy you're looking for?
> >
> >  http://cablewholesale.com/popupspecs/10p2-23103.htm
> >
> > -Bill
> > -
>
> The one I was looking at showed this type of information .. note the
> high-byte termination.  I can't really tell for sure if the one you have
> shown there is the same or not .. HD = HPDB??
>
> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50015942&pfp=
>BROWSE
>
> Mike Medai
> Every question has an answer.  Sometimes it's "Huh?"

The last time I needed a new SCSI cable CyberGuys had a good price.  This one
seems to match what you're looking for, and significantly cheaper.
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=127+2280

I found that any place like CompUSA is going to sell this for much more money
because they can and really, CompUSA doesn't sell a whole lot of SCSI stuff
anyway.  I think the HD=HPDB question you bring up is probably just a typo,
or a misnomer anyway.  And as for high-byte termination, I have no idea what
it is, but it sounds like marketing-speak more than anything.  Any SCSI cable
that satisfies the connection needs you have should work fine, at least it
always has for my scanner.

By the way, I'm new to the list.  I've been just reading up on it for a week
or two now, as I'm still new to the area.  Moved here a few months ago.  So
hi to all - I hope I can contribute something to the local LUG.
-N