Samba related question.

Andrew W. Gaunt quantum at lucent.com
Wed Feb 11 12:51:49 EST 2004

Just to cut to the chase, it looks as thought you would
could make things better by setting the linux box up
as a DNS server that serves a local domain (with
info re: stuff on the LAN in its zone file) and
caches/forwards everything else. Then configure the
clients (including the client side of the linux box's
DNS) use it as a DNS server.

I do this at home and work. Works great.

I could provide examples if you need them.

--
_| _| : : }  Lucent Intranet: http://mvcde.inse.lucent.com/~quantum
 -(O)-==-o\  Internet: http://www.gaunt.org