Desktop apps

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Thu Mar 4 08:16:42 EST 2004

Greg Rundlett writes:

> Derek Martin wrote:
>  > We've been talking a lot about Linux on the desktop these days.  I'm
>  > curious about what applications people find to be lacking on Linux.
>
> A decent file comparison and merge tool.

FYI: I use "ediff" mode under emacs for this all the time and I am
very happy with this tool.  This mode handles directory trees and
three-way merges as well.  And, if I have to massage the code a tiny
bit after applying a diff, I can just resort to using the emacs
commands that I know very well at this point.

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)