sendmail SMARTHOST

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Apr 13 18:15:01 EDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 17:47, Larry Cook wrote:

> If anyone has advice or pointers to good websites I'd appreciate it.

I tried playing with SMARTHOST on an FC3 machine the other day and
wasn't too successful.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I wound up
setting

MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

in additioon to the SMARTHOST and then it worked.  I recall not having
to do the masquerading in the past for similar setups.

Also - FC3 does not install the sendmail-cf RPM by default so even if
you 'service sendmail restart' it won't build your sendmail.mc into a
sendmail.cf.

'yum install sendmail-cf' for improved happiness.

-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle

For fastest support contact, please follow:
http://bfccomputing.com/support_contact.html