Debian Log Rotation

Tom Faska tom at ubertas.com
Sun Dec 18 11:57:01 EST 2005

Good question, I didn't know at first but googled and found this:

If you look in /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd you'll find where it runs those
rotates... if you add -s "mail.*" to the end of the syslogd-listfiles
command you *should* find that it will stop messing with things.

So, in summary, change:
         for LOG in `syslogd-listfiles`
to:
         for LOG in `syslogd-listfiles -s "mail.*"`
in /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd

Let us know if this works.

Tom