Any Opinions on SuSE 10.0 vs other Distros

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Wed Dec 21 16:51:01 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 09:39 -0500, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:

> > Didn't SuSE recently decide to switch to GNOME as the default desktop
> > (although continuing to package KDE RPMs and such)?

SuSe 10 you can go either way. Can't remember if Gnome or KDE is the
default selection, but I *thought* it was still KDE. Either way KDE
installs nicely. My only problem has been with laptops & touchpads. The
scroll option on by default is a pain. Downloading the Ksynaptics RPM
and shutting it off solved the problem.

>    I have compiled KDE from source, which may be my only option in the
> future.  Who is championing KDE at the moment?

Apparently Linus... ;-)
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2005-December/msg00021.html

HTH,
Chris