Debian flamewar (was: OpenOffice doc...)

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Thu Feb 17 12:59:01 EST 2005

 > > How was it hard?  You follow the links, visit the mirrors, and download
 > > it.
 > I believe that's wrong.  In the Bad Old Days, Debian didn't provide
 > ISO images.

   Perhaps that's why they were called the bad *old* days?

 >  Perhaps a long-time debian user here can confirm that this is correct?

   It's not hard; if you look on www.debian.org, you'll see a link on the home
page indented under "Getting Debian" called "CD ISO images".  It's easily
visible -- one doesn't even have to scroll down the page.

   Click on that link and you'll find 3 download options:

* Assemble images using jigdo
* Download CD images with BitTorrent
* Fetch full CD images

 >  I'm talking maybe 1999 or 2000, but my memory's really unclear on this.

   It doesn't seem logical to base a 2005 opinion of a GNU/Linux distro on how
that distro was five or six years ago.  Most all distros have improved
greatly from that time.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
"Myth: Private companies can do a better job running Social Security than the
government. Fact: Wall Street firms would be the main winners from