Debian Sarge vs. USB

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Sun Feb 27 05:11:01 EST 2005

Bruce Dawson wrote:

> However, nowhere can I find anything like /dev/uba1 or /dev/ub/uba1 or
> whatnot.

Check for /dev/usb/uba1 etc.

Also if you're running a relatively new automount daemon, it might be
already mounted.  Check in /mnt/

Not too sure about Debian (I'm presuming it isn't a problem there) but
in Mandrake 10.0 Official there was a problem with *un*mounting USB mass
storage devices which has yet to be fixed.  If you have plugged it in
and unplugged it and plugged it in again, try restarting autofs and
retry the above.

Hope this helps...

Brian
| brian+sig at datasquire.net          http://www.hirebrian.net  |
| IT/MIS Manager - 6 Yrs Experience - Contract or Permanent   |
|          Self-taught, Fast Learner, and Team Player         |
|            Ready to Start TODAY at Your Company.            |