mail archives

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Thu Jan 27 15:22:01 EST 2005

Benjamin Scott <bscott at ntisys.com> writes:

>   As I recall, someone "outside" of GNHLUG wrote and complained that their
> info (not just an email, IIRC) appeared in a message in the
> archives.

That's the first I've heard of this.

>   Again, if this really bothers anyone, I suggest they step forward and *do*
> something about it.

Yeah, like write a script to strip out email addresses.  Of course, I
wrote this when I was led to believe that this would solve the actual
problem.

Correct me if I am wrong: If somebody were to step forward and put
together a complete/public archive of this mailing list then this
"outside" person would probably contact the new archive maintainer
with unspecified threats?  Bleh...