mail archives

Larry Cook lcook at sybase.com
Thu Jan 27 15:48:00 EST 2005

> Correct me if I am wrong: If somebody were to step forward and put
> together a complete/public archive of this mailing list then this
> "outside" person would probably contact the new archive maintainer
> with unspecified threats?  Bleh...

Okay, I'll confess.  I think I triggered all of this.  I forwarded an email
about a job opening and it contained the senders email address.  In his effort
to minimize spam, he checks the search engines to make sure his email address
doesn't show up anywhere.  That is when he saw it in the GNHLUG archives.  I
believe just removing his address from the one or two posts I had made would
have resolved his issue, although I'm not positive.  So I would think that if
someone steps forwards, runs the archives through an email address obfuscator,
then makes them public, I don't think there would be a problem.

Larry