[OT] GoDaddy feedback

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Fri Jun 3 21:48:00 EDT 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:56:17 -0400
Randy Edwards <redwards at golgotha.net> wrote:

>  > [Ed Robbins wrote:]
>  > If you really want to get the message across go to their website and
>  > then find Bob Parsons Weblog, leave it as a comment that way you'll be
>  > sure it goes to the top dog @ GoDaddy.
>
>    I did find his e-mail address on their web site somewhere
> ("president at godaddy.com") and sent him a copy.

Er, you presumably didn't send "him" anything.  The top dog @ GoDaddy
presumably has several layers of firewall between that e-mail address
and himself.

>  I received a reply back this morning from the "office of the president"
>  (I hardly think Bob read it),

Ah.

> Oh well, I didn't bother to reply any to the fluff in the message.
>  I think I made my position clear.

To the bot?

Sorry.  Not trying to add to your misery.  (Actually I'm very grateful
about the tip, since I've seen other references to GoDaddy which might
have led me to give them a try for domain registration.)

For yucks (and I'm not suggesting you should spend any more time on it)
I Googled to see if there is such a thing as Bob Parsons's Weblog.
First page of Google results did the trick:

    http://bobparsons.com/

My Google search actually led into his blog at the February 15th "issue",
wherein Mr. Parsons holds forth on his personal philosophy of success in
business and life.  Ironically, his own advice might have suggested not
to use a filtering bot to cut himself off from customers:
                       [...]
    10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate. If you want to
    uncover problems you don't know about, take a few moments and look
    closely at the areas you haven't examined for a while. I guarantee
    you problems will be there.

    11. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to
    what you're doing. [...]

    -Rules 10 and 11 are from
    http://bobparsons.com/index.php?/archives/19-Robert,-they-cant-eat-you!-My-rules-for-survival..html

In the current blog (May 26th "issue", at http://bobparsons.com
as of today) Mr. Parsons further opines:

    [...] There's a lesson here I think. That lesson is that we
    don't like to read about anything we find unpleasant.

The blog does have a comment facility.  Below the comment textbox there
is this caution, in RED:

    Submitted comments will be subject to moderation
    before being displayed.

Which seems to indicate that a human being reads comments.  (Good luck
on seeing your comments displayed, though.))

-Bill