convertor ..

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Sun Mar 13 09:12:01 EST 2005

Mike Medai wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good convertor to change .wav files to .mp3?  I'm
> building a music list and am having to pull down the music off CD(s) as
> .wav .. and it is happily starting to eat loads of space.

I don't do this regularly, but I have used sox and lame.

sox file1.wav file2.mp3

You may need to install some mp3 supporting libraries with it
(libmad and libmp3lame, if I recollect).

Also:
AutoLame at http://www.h.shuttle.de/mitch/stuff.en.html

Other options:
http://www.mp3-converter.com/linux/

Hope this helps.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951