Hosstraders Ho!

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 22:51:01 EST 2005

  As many GNHLUGers know, it has become something of a tradition for
GNHLUG to have a table or two at the twice-yearly Hosstraders Hamfest.
 We demo Linux, talk about Linux, answer questions about Linux, and
generally do Linux. It also serves to help get the word out about
GNHLUG and other LUGs.  Some years we've had a most excellent
Linux+radio demo; other times we've just done basic evangelizing.  I
usually bring a computer, a burner, and a stack of CDs, and run off
copies of the latest distros on demand.  Sometimes, people bring
"stuff" to sell, and/or buy more "stuff" (which usually ends up back
at Hosstraders next year).  Greasy fair food is eaten, war stories are
swapped, and a good time is had by all.  And it rains.

  Through a process still not entirely clear to me, I have somehow
become the person in the center of this particular GNHLUG whirlpool.
Last fall, I had a bad case of Real Life(TM) and couldn't make it.
This time around things look to be different.  So, if anyone is
interested in helping out, let me know.  If there is interest I'll see
about getting the ball rolling again.