Ticketing System Suggestions

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 13:32:01 EST 2005

Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> writes:

>> Sounds like you described RT.  What's wrong with it?
>
> The interface isn't really working out for us.. it's got to much
> "stuff" going on once you login. So the bosses are bitching about it
> and not using it. Because they're not using it the tickets get out of
> control since they never get closed properly.

So, why not use the e-mail interface to RT and not have bosses log in
to the web interface ?

RT can be a) completely customized to your liking, and b) used
entirely via e-mail.  Of course, if you want to close tickets via
e-mail, I believe you need to make use of X- headers, which users of
Outlook will most likely be completely incapable of doing, so perhaps
that won't actually help you.

Just out of curiosity, why are bosses involved in closing tickets?
This seems like the root of your problem, not the application you're using :)
--

Seeya,
Paul