Help me avoid Exchange

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 16:53:01 EST 2006

On 1/1/06, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2005, at 18:13, Ben Scott wrote:
>
>>   You could always call the BSA anti-piracy hotline at 1-888-NO-PIRACY
>> and report them.
>>
>>   Ha ha.  Only serious.
>
> You assume this isn't by design and Microsoft would want to prosecute.

  No, that's pretty much where I was going with that.  It's be
interesting to study the (presumed lack of) response in such cases.

> I'm not yet convinced the time has come to ruin our pirating friends
> ... to further the cause of Free Software.

  Yah, yah, me neither.  It's just always irked me that one answer
many people have for the problems of proprietary software is "XYZ is
free, too -- just download it".  *I* end up paying, in money, sweat,
and tears.  They get a free ride.  <trails off in a low grumble>

-- Ben