Racks and servers and HD's, oh my.

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:27:00 EDT 2006

  Hey guys, I need some info ASAP..

  I need to show a deployable system for a customer based on a 19" rack, 14"
deep.

  I can find a FEW vendors who can sell directly for systems in the 14" deep
size, but they all seem to be targeting 17" racks, *NOT* 19" racks..

  Anyone have any idea's, or pointers to a supplier who can supply a decent
system within this size?

  Kinda desperate here, we got some servers, only to come to find out that
the above requirement is set in stone.  Additionally, we need Raid over at
least 2 drives, and room for a spare PCI slot.  The closest we've found is
at http://www.abmx.com/2u-14inch-deep-server-p-112.html but we've been
looking at the ones on
http://www.abmx.com/short-depth-1u-server-c-62_40_35.html as well.  The 2u
seems to be the only one that meets our needs, but it doesnt have any sort
of brand associated with it.

 Any recomendations? We're leaning twards the SuperMicro boxes, and finding
an alternative to raid, such as software raid.

  Thomas