XML quote Re: Meeting Notes: SLUG Mon 14 Nov - Google Earth and everything else

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:02:23 EST 2006

Here's some XML to gander at:
http://em1.sensatronics.com/xmldata
http://em1.sensatronics.com/xmlconfig

(Note that for some reason Firefox will only display it after I click
refresh - haven't seen that happen before today, but if you just get a
blank screen try a refresh.)

Your browser will probably make it pretty for you, though the
indenting etc. isn't in the data that's actually being sent.

Basically it's just HTML with made-up tags instead of standards like
<b>This is bold</b>.  The advantage is that you can use a standard
parser rather than inventing a new parser every time, and then just
look through your already parsed data for particular
application-dependent key->value pairs.

--DTVZ