QEMU ?

Andy Bair pabair at mitre.org
Tue Nov 21 14:38:42 EST 2006

Funny you should ask.  I just tried qemu last week on FreeBSD and it
seemed to work just fine.  I'm just now getting it going on fedora core
6.  It sounds like you're trying to make your own VM image.  If so, you
might be able to cut corners by looking into the oszoo which has a bunch
of downloadable qemu images:

http://www.oszoo.org/

There's a good article at TaoSecurity describing how to get going with
qemu, but you seem to be well under way:

http://taosecurity.blogspot.com/2006/01/qemu-on-freebsd-with-networking-maybe.html

You might also consider running bochs (bochs.sourceforge.net).

Andy