QEMU ?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:04:05 EST 2006

On 11/21/06, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with QEMU ?

  Nope.  But you might want to try out VMware Server.  It's a free
(gratis) machine virtualization product that runs on Linux.  Don't let
the "Server" in the name fool you; it works just fine on a single
computer.  I saw a demo of it last week at MerriLUG, and was quite
impressed.  From everything I've read, VMware is a more polished
product than QEMU.  Which is perfectly understandable, given the
different natures of the two.  And while I'm a big fan of Free
Software, sometimes expediency is more important, especially in a
business setting.

-- Ben