ReiserFS creator arrested over missing woman

Bayard Coolidge n1ho at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 23:08:01 EDT 2006

Guess I better reinstall with ext3 until ext4 is ready.
Apologies in advance if there's too much HTML - I'm trying to do a cut-n-paste
between the web page and Yahoo! Mail...

http://www.theregister.com/2006/10/11/hans_reiser_arrested_in_missing_woman_case/
ReiserFS creator arrested over missing womanSuspected of estranged wife's murderPolice in Oakland, California today arrested Hans Reiser, the well-known Linux developer, on suspicion of murdering his estranged wife.  Nina Reiser, mother of two, disappeared on 3 September, after dropping their children at Reiser's Oakland home. She has not been seen since. Police have not found her body, but say there is enough circumstantial evidence to indicate that she was murdered.
"This includes biological evidence that can put the missing woman in a car her husband had access to," the San Jose Mercury reports.  Nina Reiser's disappearance has attracted enormous media interest in Northern California. A website devoted to finding her has been established here.
  Hans Reiser, 43, is the creator of the eponymous reiserfs filesystem for Linux and other Unix-like systems. According to earlier reports, he had refused to talk to police about the missing woman.