Photo gallery sw with tagging?

Stephen Ryan stephen at sryanfamily.info
Sat Dec 29 22:40:03 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 15:17 -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At one time I used PHP Gallery for my photo album.  I haven't done
> anything in this area in a while, and was wondering what else was out
> there people were using.
>
> I'd ideally like something which allowed me to tag photos with random
> strings so I can then search/sort based on those tags.  This is for
> home use, so I don't really want a service like Flickr, etc.
>
> Thanks,

I'm using f-spot.

I wish it supported multiple users and/or use across a network better,
but it does do tagging very well.  The tags are stored in a simple
sqlite3 database, which makes it quite easy to get photos matching a
specific tag out for use in a shell script or other application.  You
can also add tags from a script by inserting entries into the sqlite3
database as well.

--
Stephen Ryan
Dartware, LLC