Anyone had experience with Comcast SMC modem/router?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 19:40:47 EST 2007

hewitt_tech at comcast.net writes:

> BTW, I was on hold waiting for a 2nd level tech to fix the problem
> for an hour and a quarter.

And this is the difference between a "television/cable company" and a
"Communications" company.  Not to say that Verizon and that ilk don't
have they're own problems, but Comcast still thinks of itself
fundamentally as a cable company, not a communication/networking
company.  Had you called to complain about tv reception they would
likely have been a lot faster about diagnosing the problem.  They
might have claimed they couldn't do much remotely and had to dispatch
a truck, but they would have gotten to a root cause much faster.

But call with a networking problem and they're all but useless.

--
Seeya,
Paul