Vonage vs. Verizon

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Wed Jan 17 15:26:47 EST 2007

On January 17, 2007, Paul Lussier sent me the following:
> I use Vonage over Broadvoice for one reason: I don't want to admin a
> phone system.  I want something I can easily tell my wife how to deal
> with: Go pull the plug on the LinkSys box, count to 10, plug it back
> in.

As I understand it, you can do things that way while still using an open
standard. Just because it gives you the option of rolling your own
Asterisk PBX doesn't mean it excludes you from the option of using an
off the shelf Linksys box to do it for you.

Personally, I might never setup my own * box, but I'd pick something
like BroadVoice over Vonage simply because they offer choice, rather
than a locked down proprietary system.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>     http://kyzoku.2bithacker.net/
GCM/IT d+(-) s+:++ a25>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N@ o K- w O M+