Kids Educational Programs

VirginSnow at vfemail.net VirginSnow at vfemail.net
Fri Nov 2 08:51:55 EDT 2007

> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:29:30 -0400
> From: sean <tech.junk at verizon.net>

> A few educational programs are in place for the kids and I am trying to
> find recommendations for others to try to display to the teachers what
> this setup can do for them.
> The school is K-5, so that might help with your responses.

Celestia is an absolutely amazing program.  It's a model of our solar
system, complete with texture maps from real space data, which you can
"fly" through.  You can rewind time, "play" the motion of the planets
at 100x speed.  It has data on all the planets, their moons, and the
sun--even has an orbiting model of the international space station.