Spam-Filter-Free Options (Was: Computer repair shop)

VirginSnow at vfemail.net VirginSnow at vfemail.net
Tue May 6 16:57:31 EDT 2008

> Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:49:18 -0400
> From: "Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com>

> >  The most accurate way of filtering spam is with that little key on the
> >  keyboard labeled "Delete".
>
>   In practice, that method is very inaccurate.  A lot of accounts I'm
> responsible for gets hundreds upon hundreds of spam messages per day.
> Deleting them manually introduces so much human error into the process
> that much more legitimate mail is lost.  For you to suggest that such
> a solution is the best solution is... naive, at best.

I'm quite interested to know how the gnhlug-* lists manage to be as
hammy as they are.  I'd imagine such public addresses as gnhlug-*
would be innundated with spam.  Yet I only recall once ever receiving
a spam from these lists (and I'm subscribed to all of them).  I don't
recall a post I've made to the lists ever getting lost, either.

/me peers at ben.  Ben must route all the gnhlug-* posts through a
Vista-style "Accept/Deny" dialog on his desktop at work. ;)