Ubuntu

Darrell Michaud dmichaud at amergin.org
Thu Sep 18 11:49:12 EDT 2008

Bruce Labitt wrote:

> Seriously, now.  Why Ubuntu vs straight Debian?  Ubuntu has worked at
> making the average-user experience easier, is that it?

I seem to recall you were unsatisfied with a RHEL derived distribution
because of the slower release cycle and difficulty accessing late-breaking
versions of various packages. Debian is generally released on a slightly
slower pace than RHEL. Ubuntu is on a faster pace.

If you want to try a Debian-based distrubtion as a liveCD, I have had good
luck with Kanotix. Ubuntu's install CDs can be used as liveCDs as well.