Boston Linux Meeting Wednesday, February 18, 2009 Linux Total Cost of Ownership

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu Feb 12 11:19:45 EST 2009

When: February 18, 2009 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topic: Linux Total Cost of Ownership
Moderators: Rich Braun
	Frank Curran  - Novell
Location: MIT Building E51, Room 395  NOTE: Room Change

Rich Braun originally brought up the subject during a discussion in
December on the future of OpenSource Software. You can throw out a lot
of different figures, such as the cost of the Enterprise Linux systems
(such as RHEL and SLES), the cost of supporting the installations, such
as system administrators and training. Rich and Frank can present these
costs from different perspectives. While there will be a formal portion
of the presentations, we will then have a discussion.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org
Please note that there is usually plenty of parking in the E-51 Parking
lot at 2 Amherst St, or on Amherst St.

We will adjourn to the Cambridge Brewery for our after meeting meeting.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix