compiling gcc q's

Frank DiPrete fdiprete at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 07:24:40 EST 2009

bruce.labitt at autoliv.com wrote:

<snip>

> gcc 4.1.1 was used to compile gmp and mfpr.  Anyone have a suggestion on
> how to "fix" this?  What should I look for?

Hello Bruce,

I've done this before and the whole toolchain needs to be compiled.

Then of course the base components of the OS need to be compiiled with
the new toolchain.

Check Linux From Scratch for detailed instructions on how to build the
toolchain on a host environment.

The fun is documented here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/

Enjoy ;)