Novell agrees to be acquired by Attachmate.

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Nov 24 16:16:45 EST 2010

On 11/24/2010 02:03 PM, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
>>> As for SCO, I suspect that will be wrapped up about the time we have practical
>>> flying cars.
>> We've had working flying cars for 50 years ;-)
>   The gentleman smartly said "practical", not "working".  :)  But
> then, the biggest problem with flying cars is almost certainly the
> people who would be driving them.
The AeroCar was probably the best of the flying cars. I saw a Modern
Marvels segment about flying cars last night. Being a former military
pilot I always like things about flying. While I have never flown an
AeroCar, I would have liked to own 1. Essentially, it is really a plane
that you can park at home and drive to the airport. I certainly would
not want to put it on American (or anyone else's) roads. It was a good
idea and reasonably practical, but not marketable. The segment also
included the Chrysler turbine driven car. That I actually got a chance
to drive at the Worlds Fair.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix