gps recommendations?

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Mon May 20 10:40:56 EDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013 09:44:23 -0400, Tyson Sawyer <tyson at j3.org> wrote:
> It seems that the OP is coming close to asking for a nav system that
> knows what he wants better than he does. ;-)

No, I think that's the exact opposite of what I want. I'm tired of
computers in general thinking they know what I want better than I do. I
want one that will do the task I give it and nothing else and I don't
want to have to pander to the device to give it that task.

"Here are the roads I want to drive on. Make sure I don't miss
them. Make sure I get from one to another correctly, even in case of
detours. Give me ETAs."